January 2012 is coming to a close and I challenge you to think about your life's direction.
How far you’ve come and what you have accomplished since the start of the year?
Resolutions were made, some were broken, while others have stayed the course.
Have you taken the time to sit back and reflect on your progress thus far? If no, this is the perfect time to get focus and back in line again. The good news is that, if you’re living, breathing and reading this post you still have time to make the necessary changes and get moving towards your goals.
This journey is a mental, physical and spiritual battle and you have to be ready to handle what will come your way.
Here are 10 tips to get you started:
1. Assess your current situation. Figure out where you truly want to be and what you’re going to do to get there.
2. Appreciate the “process” in reaching your goals. You can look back and be thankful.
3. Take responsibility for your actions. Know that there is always a positive or negative consequence.
4. Admit your faults and emphasize your strengths.
5. You’re human: briefly give yourself permission to release your feelings and get focus again.
6. Be aware of distractions and work on reducing or eliminating them.
7. You’re worth it! Don’t apologize for your worth, continue to maximize on your strengths.
8. We were not made perfect, so don’t expect to be that all the time.
9. Just shine! Be who you are intended to be.
10. When you feel like you’re going off course, repeat the above.
Happy Life of Adventure & Discovery! Stay on the path!